Side Ad 1
Marion Times Header
Advertisement New Century Event Rental & Consignment now open
by DJ Kauffman Correspondent · June 1st, 2017


After 20 years of setting up tents, New Century Tents owners Matt and Michelle Fulmer, noticed party hosts packing up an abundance of used and new left-over items from weddings, receptions, and graduation events. "We noticed that after each party, people had stuff that they didn't know what to do with - decorations, centerpieces, tablecloths, formal wear, etc.," Michelle said. "So we decided to open the consignment shop in Marion."

Once she made plans to open her brick-and-mortar New Century Event Rental & Consignment business, she found an ideal location at 1199 Grand Ave, Marion, in the commercial strip mall near Mr. Beans. Her shop on the west end of the building is surrounded by a very large parking lot, where she would like to host a bridal show in the near future.

Michelle purchased a large selection of used consignment items and new, discounted wedding gowns and formal wear, so there would be an abundance of items ready for purchase when she opened her doors for the first time on April 10. As an example of her pricing, one wedding gown worth $900 can now be bought for $100.

Besides items she supplied for sale, she receives items in the store for consignment. The proceeds from sales are split 50/50, she said.

In addition, anyone needing to rent a tent can contact Michelle at the Marion store as well. Tents, tables, chairs and large event items (New Century Tents) are available for rent. New Century can help for almost any event, including graduations and weddings. "We will set up tents or deliver tables and chairs anytime." Tent sizes range from 15' x 30', all the way up to 60' x 150'. "Thus size range will seat 40-1000 guests. The colors are red & white, black & white, blue & white, green & white, yellow & white, black & yellow, or all white. Chairs are black or white and we have rectangle and round tables."

Graduation tents need to be reserved months in advance, Fulmer said. Otherwise, to reserve a tent, one should call 48 hours in advance so ground utilities can be located. "A 25 percent non-refundable deposit is due when reserving tents. The remaining 75 percent is due when the tent is delivered."

For more information, visit www.facebook.com/New-Century-Event-Rental-ConsignmentStores or call the store at 319-362-8227. Store hours are Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Contact the Marion Times
808 6th St. Suite 1
Marion, Iowa 52302
P: (319) 377-7037
F: (319) 377-9535
advertising@mariontimesonline.com
news@mariontimesonline.com
MarionToday.org | Marion Times | The Only Newspaper Serving Marion First
News | Sports | Opinions | Obituaries | Robins | Hiawatha | Archives | Business Directory | City News
Like the Marion Times on Facebook
Web Development by Brian McMillin, LLC
News Sports Opinions Obituaries Archives Business Directory City News Marion Times